Re: Python interfaces - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Cristian Gafton
Subject Re: Python interfaces
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

>> I am in the process of moving development from perl to python.  Under perl,
>> there was DBI, the be-all-end-all of database interfaces.  Under python,
>> there is a plethora of options.  Is there a recommended one for postgres?  It
>> will be mainly used in a web environment, so the ability to work
>> asynchronously is not that important.  I am interested in maintaining
>> database introspection (which the DB-API 2.0 is conspicuously short on)
>> tools, as well as niceties such as automatic escape-quoting, etc, that are
>> pretty standard in perl.  Any suggestions?
>
> I maintain PyGreSQL which used to be the one shipped with PostgreSQL
> before we split it off into a separate project.  http://PyGreSQL.org/.

I maintain a further split from PyGreSQL that supports native bind
parameters and prepared statements at:    http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/python-pgsql
(using bind parameters eliminates many worries about escape quoting...)

Cristian
--
Cristian Gafton
rPath, Inc.