Re: Migrating MySQL app to postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Migrating MySQL app to postgres?
Date
Re: Migrating MySQL app to postgres?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Migrating MySQL app to postgres?  (Guy Fraser <guy@incentre.net>)
Re: Migrating MySQL app to postgres?  (Joe Healy <joe@omc-international.com.au>)
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> Unfortunately, there is no use of an abstraction layer in SugarCRM, and the
> few comments I found in their forum about alternate databases indicated a
> current focus on feature enhancements and sales / services, not supporting
> alternate databases.

Scott,

   Thanks for the insight. Up until the mid-1990s (when I migrated from DOS to
linux), I used my own CRM written in Paradox. I tuned it over time to do
everything I wanted, and it was open and used every day. I just never did
port that to postgres.

   Guess now's the time. I'm trying to find a copy of pygresql to use, but
it's not easy (www.pygresql.org leads to druid.net and there's nothing on the
page about pygresql). I'm learning python to use on a major project here (but
the core libraries will remain in C) so I'd like to use that for the UI on
this project, too. I'm still not sure about the reports, but one step at a
time. That is, will the pygresql display nicely formatted reports based on
sql queries to the backend? Need to find out.

Again, thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President