Re: pg_dump large-file support > 16GB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marco Colombo
Subject Re: pg_dump large-file support > 16GB
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Rafael Martinez Guerrero wrote:

> My question is why is this limit (16GB) there, when my OS does not have
> that limit? Is it possible to take it away in a easy way? It looks like
> pg_dump is compiled with large-file support because it can work with
> files bigger than 4GB.
>
> More ideas? :)

Things to try:

a) shell redirection:
$ pg_dump ... > outfile

b) some pipes:
$ pg_dump ... | cat > outfile
$ pg_dump ... | dd of=outfile

a) may fail if there's something with pg_dump and large files.
b) is different in that it's the right side of the pipe that outputs
to the filesystem.

.TM.
--
      /      /       /            Marco Colombo