Help Needed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ameya S. Sakhalkar
Subject Help Needed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
For my project (main memory DBMS), I hv written a main memory filesystem.
Idea is, the primary copy of data will reside in main memory. (Workable
only for small size data, at most 2GB).

Now, I want to plug this filesystem with Postgres, so that, instead of
Unix filesystem, this main memory filesystem(MMFS) will now store the
data.

I want to know, how to plug it with Postgres. i.e. whether replacing all
calls to Unix filesystem by calls to MMFS is enough, or do I need to do
something else/more. I am really a newbie to Postgres. So, can someone pls guide me, abt how should I go.

_________________________________ Ameya S Sakhalkar, Sr. Postgraduate Student, CSE, C-720, H12, IIT Bombay. email:
ameya@cse.iitb.ac.inPhone: 9892252239 Visit me at: http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~ameya