Re: backslashes in 8.3.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brandon Metcalf
Subject Re: backslashes in 8.3.3
Date
List pgsql-general
t == tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us writes:

 t> "Brandon Metcalf" <bmetcalf@nortel.com> writes:
 t> > t == tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us writes:
 t> >  t> Uh, no, that is certainly *not* the behavior you were getting in 8.1;
 t> >  t> 8.1's behavior corresponds to both switches off.

 t> > OK.  I'm confused.  With 8.1.5 we never had to do anything special
 t> > with backslashes.  When we upgraded to 8.3.3, backslashes in our
 t> > INSERTs caused problems until we turn _on_
 t> > standard_conforming_strings.

 t> Maybe something changed on the client side?  8.1 definitely does not have
 t> standard_conforming_strings, but perhaps you had some client-side
 t> code that compensated by inserting backslashes.

No, nothing changed on the client side.  I know you know what you're
talking about, though.  At any rate, I've got the behavior I need now.

--
Brandon