Re: query for records based on date - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Brandon Metcalf
Subject Re: query for records based on date
Date
List pgsql-sql
m == martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar writes:
m> El Lun 21 Feb 2005 17:00, Brandon Metcalf escribi�:m> > If I have a table with an attribute of type "timestamp
withouttimem> > zone", what is the best way to query that table for records that arem> > older than, say, one week.m>
>m>> I suppose I could get the current time in epoch seconds and the time ofm> > the attribute in the same, and select
thoserecords where the differencem> > is greater than the number of seconds in a week.  Is there somethingm> > easier
likem>>m> >   SELECT * FROM table WHERE attribute IS OLDER THAN one week;
m> SELECT * FROM table WHERE attribute < (now()::DATE - 7)::TIMESTAMP;

Thanks.

--
Brandon