Multithread problem: Error in transaction processing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leif Jensen
Subject Multithread problem: Error in transaction processing
Date
List pgsql-general
   Hi Guys,

   We have a system with a multithreaded daemon running on Linux using
PostgreSQL 8.2.4 Embedded SQL in C. Most of the threads are doing database
access and they have each their own conection which is opened when the
thread is created (as one of the first things within the thread).

   We pretty often gets the error:

 -401:08007     Error in transaction processing in line 200

which is where there is an EXEC SQL AT :xxx START TRANSACTION ...

  I have checked and re-checked the code for non- coomit/rollback and
added lots of test output to verify that every transaction is either
committed or rolled back. I have also made sure that there is no
cross-thread use of connection, especially looking at the test output.

   Any ideas ?

 Leif