Re: Bitmap index thoughts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gavin Sherry
Subject Re: Bitmap index thoughts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Where are we on this patch?  Does it have performance tests to show
> where it is beneificial?  Is it ready to be reviewed?

I've got an updated patch which adds significant performance improvements
for worse case data distributions. It also contains a rewrite of the WAL
code to handle incomplete actions.

I haven't worked on the stuff discussed below with Heikki. It's a lot of
work and probably more suitable for a second generation.

I've just got to finish testing the merge of Tom's operator family stuff
and then I'll send off the patch and performance figures.

Thanks,

Gavin