Re: This is our slashdot coverage? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gavin Sherry
Subject Re: This is our slashdot coverage?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Mikael Carneholm wrote:

> > And we're building the windowing functions as fast as we can ;-)
> >

> Interesting. Which functions are you planning on implementing, more
> specifically? (Personally, I have had great use of FIRST/LAST,
> RANK/DENSE_RANK and LAG/LEAD)

Interestingly, FIRST, LAST, LAG and LEAD are absent from the spec but
everyone I've spoken to has said they're close to being the most useful
:-). So, I'm aiming to do those as well.

Implemenenting the actual functions is trivial compared to implementing
the window construct in the executor (and planner).

Gavin