Re: Using gettext - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Serguei A. Mokhov
Subject Re: Using gettext
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 02:09:34 +0200
>
> There are a bunch of translation support frameworks available and under
> development (including the unavoidable standards track XML solution),
> but they don't have any free tool support (yet?), so they're useless for
> us.  Gettext is the only immediately useful approach I've seen for Java.

So, let's go for it! :-) Kris made a proposal back in January with a demo
example, there were three replies (in the archives), yours, Peter, was
particularly excited. Barry Lind voted for the precompiled .class files,
and it rested in peace ever since.

I guess someone should just step up and do the legwork, right? Is it the
only step is left to do to begin the work? Or some more
concensus/discussion is required?

--
Serguei A. Mokhov            |  /~\    The ASCII
Computer Science Department  |  \ / Ribbon Campaign