Re: Compiling from CVS: undefined reference to - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Serguei A. Mokhov
Subject Re: Compiling from CVS: undefined reference to
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:34:45 -0400
>
> "Serguei A. Mokhov" <mokhov@cs.concordia.ca> writes:
> > pg_backup_db.o(.text+0x9f): In function `_check_database_version':
> > : undefined reference to `PQparameterStatus'
>
> I'd say it is picking up a several-versions-back libpq.so from
> somewhere, but it's hard to tell where.  Do you have anything already
> installed in /usr/local/pgsql/lib?  What configure arguments did you
> use?

The configure args were just "--enable-nls", but it's irrelevant as your
first guess is correct -- it picked up libpq.so of 7.3.6... in /usr/lib it
is. I actually was not aware that the admin had postgres installed there,
so I just went ahead and tried to compile a fresh checkout and got a bit
puzzled the error and it did not occur to me to see if there was
something already installed as the server is new.

Sorry for the noise :(

--
Serguei A. Mokhov            |  /~\    The ASCII
Computer Science Department  |  \ / Ribbon Campaign