Re: [HACKERS] Point in Time Recovery - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Klaus Naumann
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Point in Time Recovery
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Point in Time Recovery
List pgsql-patches
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 markw@osdl.org wrote:

> FATAL:  unrecognized configuration parameter "archive_mode"
>
> Have I missed something since it has been committed?

Yes, Tom has removed this option in favorite of just setting
archive_command to a value which then enables the PITR code also.

But as I've seen this isn't discussed to the very end currently.

My 2ct: I'd prefer to have archive_mode in the config as it really makes
clear that this database is archiving. I fear users will not understand
that giving a program for archival will also enable the PITR function.

Greetings, Klaus

--
Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | (http://www.mgnet.de/) (Germany)
Phone / FAX : ++49/177/7862964  | E-Mail: (kn@mgnet.de)