Re: BUG #1161: User permissions are kept, even if user is - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: BUG #1161: User permissions are kept, even if user is
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> And I have still a question:
> How to remove privileges of the nonexistent (removed) user?

I'm not sure it is even desirable?

There are 2 differents concepts:
 - logins with a user name, password...
 - sysids which is really an int.

a login must have a sysid, but a sysid may or may not correspond to a
login.

As it is implemented, the privileges belong to the sysids.

This give the opportunity (let's call that a feature) to recreate
a deleted user that would reclaim its previous status wrt priviliges.

> And the offer:
> Can realize removal of privileges of nonexistent users during time vacuum?

Although that could be done, I'm not sure I would like such a thing
to happen.

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr