Re: [Support i5GKDLjR008723] PGRES_FATAL_ERROR: out of free buffers: - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From David F. Skoll
Subject Re: [Support i5GKDLjR008723] PGRES_FATAL_ERROR: out of free buffers:
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi, Jochen.

> However, we frequently observe the following message in the log files:
>    PGRES\_FATAL_ERROR : ERROR:  out of free buffers: time to abort!
> Any hints what's going on? Suggestion?

Two things might help:

1) Upgrade to the latest CanIt (2.1a), because earlier versions seemed
to trigger this bug in PostgreSQL.

2) Upgrade to the latest version of PostgreSQL (7.4.3 as of this writing.)
If you upgrade from PostgreSQL earlier than 7.4, be aware that you must
dump all your databases with the old version *before* starting the upgrade.

Regards,

David.