new aggregate functions v3 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Fabien COELHO
Subject new aggregate functions v3
Date
Re: new aggregate functions v3
List pgsql-patches
Dear patchers,

please find attached my third patch submission for adding new aggregate
functions. This new version adds a note and some indexes in the
documentation about sql standard names for bool_and and bool_or, as
suggested by Robert Treat. It also fixes conflicts created by the removal
of shameful aclitem accessors.

The added aggregates are:

(1) boolean-and and boolean-or aggregates named bool_and and bool_or.
    they (SHOULD;-) correspond to standard sql every and some/any aggregates.
    they do not have the right name as there is a problem with
    the standard and the parser for some/any. Tom also think that
    the standard name is misleading because NULL are ignored.

(2) bitwise integer aggregates named bit_and and bit_or for
    int2, int4, int8 and bit types. They are not standard, but I find
    them useful. I needed them once.

The patches adds:

- 2 new very short strict functions for boolean aggregates in
  src/backed/utils/adt/bool.c,
  src/include/utils/builtins.h and src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h

- the new aggregates declared in src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h and
  src/include/catalog/pg_aggregate.h

- some documentation and validation about these new aggregates.

It also updates the catalog version. It validates for me.

Have a nice day,

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr

Attachment