Re: Addition and subtraction on BIT type - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Yasir Malik
Subject Re: Addition and subtraction on BIT type
Date
List pgsql-sql
Thank you for your reply.
select int4(b'1001')::bit(32); gives the same result as what you gave.
select int4(b'1001')::bit(4); gives the upper four bits, which are all
zeroes.  How would I get the lower four bits?  I building bitmaps using
plpgsql, and therefore, I will be doing a lot bit manipulation.
Thanks,
Yasir