Re: perm question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From ivan
Subject Re: perm question
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > and how disallow : LISTEN , SET , RESET , and SHOW ?
>
> Explain why we should?

When you want to LISTEN sth pg insert rec into pg_listens (?) or somewhere
there, so why someone could rubish my db ?

In my project i need close everything even most of pg_catalog.
User shoudl exec only special func. and not more. He know which they are.

will be very wlee (i think ) to div pg_catalog to more part, like types
(with in/out/cast function) , pg tables , and rest of funcs ...

(and why pg use "namespace" and "schema" ?? why we need this 2 words ?)

btw . i have one more question :i have a lot of namepsace , and i dont use all of them i one time,so when i need one i
justSET search_path TO need_namespace;When i use it in plpgsql its working without problesm , for ei :create table
other_nsp.table(i int);create functino _ble() returns boolean as 'begin set search_path other_nsp; delete from
table;end; ......its working goodbut when i want to use SQL lang there is a error , that my table isnt

exists.ie :create ..  as 'set search_path other_nsp;delete from table ; -- and there is error , but why i one line
above--replaced search_path ??

i tryed it witj transaction block , but it was this same result

thx :>bye , ivan