Feature request: set planner flags on views - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ryan Mack
Subject Feature request: set planner flags on views
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The query planner does an abysmal job with some of the most important
views in my DB.  The execuation time with seq_scan disabled is 25ms versus
110ms when seq_scan is enabled.  Instead of modifying all my code to
temporarily disable seq_scan around all places this query is made (or
making a procedure for it), I think it would be useful to allow views to
have their own set of planner flags.

CREATE VIEW foo AS SELECT foo FROM bar SET enable_seq_scan TO OFF AND SET ...;

I'll leave the exact syntax to y'all, but you get the idea.  Anybody else
think this would be useful?

Thanks, Ryan Mack
Please cc me on all replies.