numeric fields and null - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Don Park
Subject numeric fields and null
Date
Re: numeric fields and null  (Franco Bruno Borghesi <franco@akyasociados.com.ar>)
List pgsql-sql
Im trying to pull out all records in a table where field
'postaladdressid=null' but I cant figure this out.

\d users
id               | numeric
postaladdressid  | numeric

adhoc=# update users set postaladdressid=null where id=50;
UPDATE 1

adhoc=# select id,postaladdressid from users where postaladdressid=null;id | postaladdressid
----+-----------------
(0 rows)

Why did it not select record 50?

just for your info, this is what record 50 looks like.
adhoc=# select id,postaladdressid from users where id=50;id | postaladdressid
(1 row)

Don
--
** irc: irc.freenode.net nick: don-o channels: #wireless, #java
** As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be