Updating record drops it to the bottom - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Aurangzeb M. Agha
Subject Updating record drops it to the bottom
Date
List pgsql-general
I've noticed that whenever I update a record in the table and do a select
* to see my change, that the updated racord has dropped to the bottom of
the table.

Is there either a) a (simple) way to keep this from happening or b)
putting the record back where it "belongs" after an update.

The reason is is annoying me is that one of our internal apps has onld
piece of JS which builds sub menus on a form based on the (DB driven)
order of the parent menu.  Yes, yes... the solution is to fix the JS, but
until the JS guy gets back, the DB solution is what comes to mind.

    Thx in advance,
    Aurangzeb