Re: After Trigger assignment to NEW - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Achilleus Mantzios
Subject Re: After Trigger assignment to NEW
Date
List pgsql-sql
O Tom Lane έγραψε στις Feb 24, 2006 :

> Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> writes:
> > Is there a reason that the NEW values should remain unchanged in AFTER
> > row triggers?
>
> By definition, an AFTER trigger is too late to change what was stored.
> Use a BEFORE trigger.

Too late if someone wants to store it.
I wanna store the intented original values, thats why i use AFTER trigger.
But i would like to alter what a final AFTER trigger would see.

I'll elabarote a little.

An update happens.
The row is stored.
An after trigger is fired that alters some NEW columns
(nullifies them), aiming for a subsequent trigger
to see the altered results .

It should be something like a pointer to a HeapTuple, (right?),
so that would be feasible i suppose.

I would not even make a post if it was something that trivial.

I hope you get my point.

--
-Achilleus