Re: Query plan changes after pg_dump / pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dennis Bjorklund
Subject Re: Query plan changes after pg_dump / pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 jonanews@oismail.com wrote:

> I am continously encountering an issue with query plans that changes after
> a pg_dump / pg_restore operation has been performed.
>
> Have placed an export of the query, query plan etc. online at:
> http://213.173.234.215:8080/plan.htm in order to ensure it's still
> readable.

There is not a major difference in time, so pg is at least not way off
(225ms vs. 280ms). The estimated cost is however not very related to the
runtime (117 vs 1389).

What you have not showed is if the database is properly tuned. The output
of SHOW ALL; could help explain a lot together with info of how much
memory your computer have.

The first thing that comes to mind to me is that you probably have not
tuned shared_buffers and effective_cache_size properly (SHOW ALL would
tell).

--
/Dennis Björklund