more information for SRF function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject more information for SRF function
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

this is questions for hackers. Is possible put SRF functions more
informations about context of calling SRF function? Not now. I know, but
in future. For example: I have heavy SRF function which returns more
thausand records, but returned set is filtered WHERE and limit clause. If
I have informations about context, I can use this filters inside
functions. Example dbilink, or other links based on perl DBI and SRF. If
I construct persistent links, I haven't easy posibility check some limits
for query and I have to return all result. Do You think about it? Or its
Posible. Without its isn't posible create efective solution for creating
persistent link to other databases, or other external sources. SRF don't
need knows complet parsed SQL, but only filters related to SRF function. I
can use params for SRF function, but its not too much usefull.

sample: srf returns email messages saved in some central archive.
create view mailitems as select * from srf_readmails();

std. using:
select * from mailitems where to like '%.test.cz';

I think this "implicit" parameters can be carry to function on demand
(similar triggers).

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION srf_readmails() RETURNS SETOF RECORD AS $$
$filters = $_TD->{filters}
$$ LANGUAGE plperl WITH CONTEXT;

Regards
Pavel Stehule