Re: Functions returning RECORD - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Functions returning RECORD
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello

try
select * from GetAccountInfo (100) as (integer, integer, integer);

I don't know types of fields a.Field1, a.Field2, a.Field4. I expect for
example all are integer.

regards
Pavel Stehule

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Craig Bryden wrote:

> Hi
>
> I come from a MS-SQL background and am trying to figure out what is wrong with the function below:
> *****************************************************************************************
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION GetAccountInfo (p_AccID int)
> RETURNS record
> AS
> $$
> DECLARE
>  r_Return record;
> BEGIN
>  SELECT a.Field1, a.Field2, a.Field4
>  INTO r_Return
>  FROM Account
>  WHERE a.AccID = p_AccID;
>
>  RETURN r_Return;
> END;
> $$
> language 'plpgsql';
> When I run     select * from GetAccountInfo (100)    I get the following error message: ERROR:  a column definition
listis required for functions returning "record"