Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dennis Bjorklund
Subject Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99
Date
Re: timestamp with time zone a la sql99
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Hour/Minute/Second/ms
> Day/Week
> Month/Year

This is embarrasing. I'm still a bit confused :-)

The standard treat days as a separate entry, it does not assume that a day
is 24 hours. It restricts the hour field to the interval 0-23 so one can
never have something like 25 hours. So it does not need to worry about how
many days that translate to.

And why do we need weeks also?

Well, this is the last mail I send before I've been thinking about this
for a while more :-)

--
/Dennis Björklund