Re: Isnumeric function? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Achilleus Mantzios
Subject Re: Isnumeric function?
Date
List pgsql-sql
O Theo Galanakis έγραψε στις Sep 10, 2004 :

> Josh,
>
> I agree with the machete technique, unfortunately The structure is inplace
> and a work-around was required.
>
> I created the Index you specified, however it chooses to run a seq scan on
> the column rather than a Index scan. How can you force it to use that
>
> CREATE INDEX idx_content_numeric ON botched_table(content) WHERE content ~
>
> select * from botched_table where content = 200::integer

EXPLAIN ANALYZE is your friend.
VACUUM [FULL] ANALYZE also.
Try with 200::text
In the end if there is an option for the planner to use the index
but he doesn't, then maybe its not worth it.

--
-Achilleus