Re: connection delay - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Achilleus Mantzios
Subject Re: connection delay
Date
List pgsql-sql
O kyrios cristi egrapse stis Jul 22, 2004 :

> I have a client made in java who interogate postgres using jdbc driver.
> If the tcp conection falls (for a few seconds) the client give an error
> message about that connection.
> How can I avoid this error?

If its not a jdbc issue, maybe you can play with

/* for a new connection */
System.setProperty("sun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout", "10000");
/* for already established connection */
System.setProperty("sun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout", "10000");

the interval is given in milliseconds.

I have tested on FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p10,
1.4.2-p5 JVM

--
-Achilleus