Re: Tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dennis Bjorklund
Subject Re: Tablespaces
Date
Re: Tablespaces  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Gavin Sherry wrote:

> Comments? Questions? Suggestions?

Is that plan that in the future one can split a single table into
different table spaces? Like storing all rows with year < 1999 in one
tablespace and the rest in another?

With the rule system and two underlying tables one could make it work by
hand I think.

I've never used tablespaces in oracle so I don't know what it can offer. I
though it could do things like the above. True? What is the syntax and
for example, how does it effect indexes (not at all maybe).

If you don't want to discuss this now, I understand. It's not part of the
design as it is now. I'm just curious at what direction we are moving and
what is possible to do.

--
/Dennis Björklund