Re: Function call - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dennis Bjorklund
Subject Re: Function call
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> speed hits in parsing them, especially not if the hit occurs whether
> one uses the named-parameters feature or not ...

I'll read the rest of the mail more careful tomorrow moring, I just want
to point out directly that for calls that doesn't use named arguments you
get the exact same speed as before. Except for an extra if() to check if
there are named arguments. I don't understand why you think that this will
affect the current behaviour.

That is more or less the only thing I feel sure about, that it should not
hurt anything that we have today.

--
/Dennis Björklund