Re: CHECK versus a Table for an enumeration - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: CHECK versus a Table for an enumeration
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Melanie

If your set of items will by static and small, then you can use CHECK
constraint. I use it for five, items itemes.

You can write more simple this constraint

user_type TEXT NOT NULL CHECK (user_type IN ('Root','Admin','Standard')),

regards
Pavel Stehule