Re: constaint addition to existing schema - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Yuji Shinozaki
Subject Re: constaint addition to existing schema
Date
List pgsql-admin
You should probably read about the specifics in the documentation
(see http://www.postgresql.org/docs/)

But you could use something like (e.g.)

    ALTER TABLE ONLY question_category
         ADD CONSTRAINT question_category_external_id_key UNIQUE (external_id);

which adds a UNIQUE constraint to the column external_id in table
question_category.  Other types of constraints have slightly different
syntax.

HTH,
yuji
----

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Jodi Kanter wrote:

> I missed a constraint the last time that I loaded my database. Can I add
> an additional constraint without having to drop and rerun the table?
> If not, can I do just that one table without having to do the entire schema?
> Jodi
> --
>
> /_______________________________
> //Jodi L Kanter
> BioInformatics Database Administrator
> University of Virginia
> (434) 924-2846
> jkanter@virginia.edu <mailto:jkanter@virginia.edu>/
>

> / /
>
> / /

Yuji Shinozaki                            Computer Systems Senior Engineer
ys2n@virginia.edu            Advanced Technologies Group
(434)924-7171                Information Technology & Communication
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~ys2n    University of Virginia