Re: Export CSV from psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig O'Shannessy
Subject Re: Export CSV from psql
Date
List pgsql-general
Yeah, if you change the field separator to TAB, it will import cleanly
into excel.

Try this

--   \f [STRING]    show or set field separator for unaligned query output
-- Note, to put in a TAB in psql, you will need to quote it, and put it
-- in using Ctrl-V TAB (Ctrl-V tells the readline library to not interpret
-- the next character I think, so you can use it to insert newlines and
-- tabs etc)

\a
\t
\o outputfile.txt
select .....
\o

This file should cleanly import into excel, excel even defaults to TAB
when you open it, you just say open, then next,next,finish.

Craig