Re: Export CSV from psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig O'Shannessy
Subject Re: Export CSV from psql
Date
List pgsql-general
I use the standard pipe signs as delimiters, comma's are a pretty silly
delimiter if you ask me.  Try putting this at the top of your psql query

--   \a             toggle between unaligned and aligned output mode
--   \t             show only rows (currently off)
--   \o [FILE]      send all query results to file or |pipe
\a
\t
\o /tmp/outputfile.txt
select ......
\o

Don't know if this helps you, or if you really need CSV.  Someone probably
has written a CSV export I 'spose.

Best of luck.

Craig