Re: SuSE RPMs available for PostgreSQL 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: SuSE RPMs available for PostgreSQL 7.4
Date
List pgsql-general
Lamar Owen writes:

> Hey, Peter, for one who consistently complains about lack of consistency in
> naming, you completely diregarded the precedent that has previously been set
> for naming RPM releases (regardless of the source).

These are SuSE RPMs.  They were build by SuSE following the conventions
that SuSE has used for their past releases.  So who are we to argue with
that?

> And then you neglected to put group write permissions on the directory so that
> other binaries could be uploaded.

I see

drwxrwxr-x  3 petere  pgsql  512 Nov 17 20:47 binary/v7.4/

If someone else put the group write permissions in there in between, I
apologize.

> So now I wouldn't be able to upload RPMs in the customary place.  Many thanks.

What is the customary place?  I'm confused.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net