Re: Alternative cluster location - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Alternative cluster location
Date
List pgsql-general
btober@seaworthysys.com writes:

> I think the original driving thought technically has something to do with
> system backup, and restore or system re-install in the case of
> catastrophic failure, as well as what I've alluded to in regards to
> original server setup planning and how intended usage impacts decisions
> with respect to hard drive partitioning (and vice versa?). I don't think
> there is much under /var that I usually consider necessary to back up.

Good point.  Again, maybe we should just ask the FHS group about it.

Personally, if I had to do a slightly more complex than average database
system setup with a separate hard disk, possibly even more than one, I'd
just mount them to /mnt/data{1-n} and pointed the postmaster there.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net