PlayStation 2 problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject PlayStation 2 problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I've tried PG 7.4 on a PlayStation 2/Linux.  This is a kind of mips
machine but apparently doesn't like the existing mips assembly code
(illegal instruction errors).  I've also tried --disable-spinlocks to turn
off the use of the assembly code, without success.

The old report from 7.3 has the comment

#undef HAS_TEST_AND_SET, remove slock_t typedef

I've additionally had to disable the mips tas_dummy in s_lock.c.  (How is
this tas_dummy code reached anyway?)  Shouldn't this be taken care of by
--disable-spinlocks?

Also, we need a newer version of config.guess to support this platform.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net