Re: SET database TO ...? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Achilleus Mantzios
Subject Re: SET database TO ...?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, ow wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Suppose, one server/postmaster is running several databases. Is there something
> like "SET database TO whatever" (and I mean *database* not schema). I need this
> to ensure that a script runs only against db for which it was desinged.

[postgres@smadev ~]% psql

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help on internal slash commands
    \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

dynacom=# \c bab
You are now connected to database bab.
bab=#
bab=#
bab=# \c dynacom
You are now connected to database dynacom.
dynacom=# \q
[postgres@smadev ~]%

> Thanks

> http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Achilleus Mantzios
S/W Engineer
IT dept
Dynacom Tankers Mngmt
Nikis 4, Glyfada
Athens 16610
Greece
tel:    +30-210-8981112
fax:    +30-210-8981877
email:  achill at matrix dot gatewaynet dot com       mantzios at softlab dot ece dot ntua dot gr