Re: Prepared Statements - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Aaron Mulder
Subject Re: Prepared Statements
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
    I have to agree that it would be better to provide a solution
using API calls than a solutions that requires one to send SQL syntax
into a ?.

    But why can't we kill both birds with an implementation of
java.sql.Array?  If you need to use an Array, you can use a PGArray that
wraps an Object[].  If you want to do an in clause, do "where foo in (?)"
or "where foo in ?" and then use ps.setArray() instead of setObject().
Then we can make the docs explicit on this.

    It does look like java.sql.Array is kind of overkill here, but we
can provide simple constructor that makes the common usage patterns easy,
and if you can't get a full ResultSet from your in clause in v1.0, so be
it.

Aaron