Re: Two weeks to feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dann Corbit writes:

> So far, I have seen three problems pointed out (out of 600+ tests).
> That's 0.5% defects.  Why not just drop the stupid tests, or bend them
> to test for what they ought to be testing.

The problem with crashme is that it tells you nothing of practical value.
It doesn't tell you whether PostgreSQL works right.  It doesn't tell you
whether PostgreSQL works well.  It doesn't tell you whether PostgreSQL
conforms to some standard.  It doesn't even tell whether PostgreSQL is
compatible to some other product.  The only thing that you could possibly
get out of fixing crashme is to look better in crashme.  And for the above
reasons, there is little interest in working on that.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net