Re: [Fwd: SQL book] - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Thomas Good
Subject Re: [Fwd: SQL book]
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Tue, 27 May 2003, Jodi Kanter wrote:

> I am looking to purchase a SQL book to use with our postgresql database.
> Can anyone recommend a good one?
> Thanks
> Jodi

Hi Jodi,

I use SQL In A Nutshell as I have to switch gears between Oracle, Postgres
and MySQL.  Also I have limited time for reading and am a very cheap guy.
It goes for $30 US.

RE: perl.  Paul DuBois has a great book called MySQL and Perl for the Web.
Just modify the queries for Pg and you have a terrific example of how to
code via DBI.  Besides which it goes for $20 US on Amazon (orig $45 US).
If you like I can mail you the tarball of Paul's src.  I have it here
at work.

Paul also has a downloadable archive of all the scripts in the book.
Lastly, he is a member of the Perl DBI mailing list which is a valuable
resource as Tim Bunce reads all the mail that goes by and occasionally
jumps in.  (He wrote both DBI and DBD-Oracle).

Cheers
Thomas Good                                  e-mail: tomg@sqlclinic.net
Programmer/Analyst                           phone:   (+1) 718.818.5528
Residential Services                         fax:     (+1) 718.818.5056
Behavioral Health Services, SVCMC-NY         mobile:  (+1) 917.282.7359

// Das ist die Kunst - wie man alles verhunzt.