Re: Installing PlPerl - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From A.Bhuvaneswaran
Subject Re: Installing PlPerl
Date
List pgsql-novice
> If you built postgresql from source, you need to recompile it " --with-perl "
>
> If you installed from RPMs, your distribution should have a PG-Perl or
> Perl-Postgres RPM; install that.

From his pg_config results, we see that it has been compiled '--with-perl'
option. I am unable to understand why it tries to access libperl.so. Check
whether plperl.so exist in appropriate directory or check where it exist
in that machine and pass appropriate -L option to createlang command.
Moreover, you must pass 'p portnumber' since you have compiled with
different port.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran