Re: Functions and triggers - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From A.Bhuvaneswaran
Subject Re: Functions and triggers
Date
List pgsql-novice
> And this is an example of the message field data:
>
> %PIX-3-106011: Deny inbound (No xlate) udp src inside:10.10.1.160/1035
> dst inside:10.29.0.45/161
>
> How would I create and use a function/trigger to key on the PIX error
> message code (%PIX-3-106011)?

You can write a triggered procedure on insert and check the error message
code within that procedure. Check the documentation on howto use triggered
procedure.

Moreover, you can use pgmail to email the details directly from the
triggered procedure. For details of pgmail, please refer
http://pgmail.sourceforge.net .

regards,
bhuvaneswaran