Re: [PERFORM] Hypothetical suggestions for planner, indexing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dennis Björklund
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Hypothetical suggestions for planner, indexing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 7 May 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> > As someone pointed out, the documentation says you can't. In this case
> > the docs are wrong (I've added a note).
>
> Perhaps you should have read to the end of the section.

Oh, you are right (of course). It is documented later on in that section.

I guess it's specified in the SQL spec, but how come a tuple is not an
expression? If it had been an expression the first part of that section
would still apply, which is why I just read the first part.

--
/Dennis