Memory leak!! - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From P.N.Guru Prasad
Subject Memory leak!!
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi all,

We've have a supply chain management system running under the following
configuration.

Redhat 7.1
Perl v5.6.0
Postgres 7.3.2
Perl/DBI 1.35
DBD-Pg   1.22

Please note that Postgres 7.3.2, DBI 1.35 and DBD-Pg 1.22 have been
upgraded recently.

I wrote a small script to check for any memory leak. This is what i've
found. Initially, the memory occupied was about 5 MB and then, it started
to grow at the range of 5-10k for every 1-2 minutes. After running the
script for about 40 minutes in a while loop, the memory occupied was 7.4
MB.

Here's the code snippet :

while (1) { print "sql executed and returned :", $Dbh->prepare("select user_id from
users limit 1")->execute, "\n";
}

Pls. note that there were no "lost references" in my script and it's a
very simple one. What could be the problem ?

Please advice me.

TIA.

Regards,
Guru Prasad.