Re: Installation question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Installation question
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10 Mar 2003, Charles Hauser wrote:

> Perhaps, first time install...........
>
> ./configure    -> ran OK
> gmake        -> ran OK
> su        -> I misunderstood and did NOT do this
> gmake install    -> sudo gmake install  ran OK
>
> So, I want to:
>     - create a DB with me as owner
>
> adduser postgres-> skip?

  Beg pardon, Charles. I thought you had the postgres user added already.
What I've done in the past -- and this may be different with the 7.3 series
-- is su to postgres to run initdb, then create me as a user.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
                         http://www.appl-ecosys.com/