Re: Connection pool deadlock - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Aaron Mulder
Subject Re: Connection pool deadlock
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On 28 Feb 2003, Dave Cramer wrote:
> 2) don't block on your connection pool, instead return without a
> connection and tell the user that you can't service the request at this
> time.

    I think our pooling implementation blocks when it runs out of
connections, though I'm not sure if he's using ours or not.  We could
change that relatively easily to offer the option of throwing a
SQLException instead of blocking, if that would be valuable.  But of
course we can't fix it to allow his code to use more connections than
there actually are present in the pool.

Aaron