Re: Closing one connection closes all connections? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Aaron Mulder
Subject Re: Closing one connection closes all connections?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
    First of all, the connection class you show below indicates that
you are using Tomcat connection pooling, not PostgreSQL connection
pooling.  So this issue should really be raised with the Tomcat
developers.  (Note the org.apache... not org.postgresql...)
    Second of all, it is common for two clients in the same
transaction to get the same physical conenction, but usually you get two
different wrapper objects (the org.apache thingy) that wrap the same
conenction, and can be closed separately.  So the behavior you're seeing
does strike me as a little odd, but it's hard to know without looking into
the exact circumstances (TX timing and all).

Aaron