... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From owner
Subject ...
Date
Re: Four questions  (greg@turnstep.com)
List pgsql-general
hi, i have some question and propos.
1. how can i get count of result's rows where i declare cursor ??
 i need it to declare momeory , but i dont know how ...

2. I sometime select look like for example select 123 as "Foo 3" , 456 as
"Foo 4 ... ", and writing where is fanny.. in select should be somthing
like [] what == name of col. select would look : "select 232 as "QWE RTYU"
where [1] LIKE 'QWE%'; like in C or C++ or in any other lang.

3. Good thing will be to have somthing like suid in functions. When I do
select some_func ('arg1', 2 ,3 ) ; function should read table, and all
object like owner of this function. Most select do my functions, from many
tabels, and somtimes i have to give some person access to db and tables,
bo i want not give them all tables but only special rows, and it will be
good for just function with suid .. can you understand me ? :)
Also can be function to get user id, or name, and ip etc ...

4. Is possible to bring pg_hba.conf to db , in to pg_* tables ??

Maybe some of this tinks has been writen already but i dont know about it
, or maybe i should write it self ?

if someone can help me and tell me something about this thinks , please
mail to me ( ivan@psycho.pl )

thx, sorry for my english :)
 bye, ivan