Re: Passing arrays - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Achilleus Mantzios
Subject Re: Passing arrays
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, David Durst wrote:

> This is slightly off the original topic but related.
>
> Is there any function or way I can easily find the size of the passed array?

You can always parse

SELECT array_dims(<your array column here>)::text from <your table here> ;

Or write a function using the macros in
/usr/local/pgsql/include/server/utils/array.h
to get the size of each dimension.

(i have attached a simple function that does that)