Re: [GENERAL] [SQL] Problem: Referential Integrity Constraints lost - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Achilleus Mantzios
Subject Re: [GENERAL] [SQL] Problem: Referential Integrity Constraints lost
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> writes:
> > After recreating the missing triggers should i upgrade
> > to 7.2.3??
>
> Make that "before".
>
> I frankly suspect pilot error here.  Triggers do not simply disappear.
> If you did have crash-induced corruption leading to loss of some rows
> in pg_trigger, it would be exceedingly obvious because *no* operations
> on the affected tables would work --- relcache would complain about the
> fact that pg_class.reltriggers didn't match the number of rows in
> pg_trigger.  I think the missing triggers must have been removed or
> disabled deliberately.  (Which is not to say that it couldn't have been
> a software bug, but you're barking up the wrong tree to blame it on a
> crash.)
> Did all the triggers of the affected tables disappear, or only some
> of them?

Just some of them.
I really dont know what happened.
Looking back at july backups the problem was already there.
I never played with system tables in production.
I hope to be able somehow to reproduce the problem,
or convince myself its my fault for some reason.

P.S.
I was surprized when i looked up in my english dictionary the
word "deliberately" :)

>             regards, tom lane

Achilleus Mantzios
S/W Engineer